The Khanagah of the Alinjachay – The architectural complex of the Middle Ages, on the bank of the Alinjachay, in the village of Khanagah of Julfa region. From the complex which is called “Sheykh Khorasan” by people, only the remainders of the tomb, mosque and some buildings reached our period.
From the context of the inscription arranged on the top of the entrance DOOR of the tomb in the South of the complex it becomes clear that the tomb was constructed by Khaja Jamaladdin, architect, by the order of Ulug Gutlug Lala bay, emir, isfahsalar, great scientist. It was impossible to determine the date of construction correctly since crumbling the end part of the inscription. But according to its architectural–constructive structure it may be related to the XII–XIII centuries.
There is one grave inside the tomb. But to determine the grave whom it belonged to was impossible, because it didn’t have the inscription. According to the local people the grave belonged to Fazullah Naimi, the founder of the Hurifizm, who was killed in the Alinjagala wildly in 1394 and his followers buried him in this very grave.
Just for this, the name of the Khanagah complex given by local people, is connected with one of the pennames of Naimi Sheykh Khurasa (Similar to the Sun, A blested Sheykh) and by the name of Khorasan where F.Naimi studied and got a perfect education and came to Azerbaijan (Sheykh from Khorasan). The tomb-mosque in the South part of the tomb was built in honour of Sheykh Haji Lala Malik, one of the leaders of the Mystic Sheykhs who lived in the khanagahs with their families and after their death were buried around the khanagah. Thus, Sheykh Haji Lala Malik also lived and headed khanagah and according to his request was he buried around the khanagah after his death and Khond Bika Khatin (perhaps she was the wife of the sheykh) built the tomb-mosque on his grave. Also, Khond Bika khatin was buried around khanagah. The grave stone BOX type memorial monument belonging to her still remains near Khanagah. During restoration works the grave inscription of 1444-45, 1491-92, 1493 years were discovered under the soil around Khanagah. For a long time Khanagah was a residence of dervishes, place of praying and mentioning. According to the epigraphic proofs it becomes clear that the khanagah also acted in the XVIII century and the members of it spread their ideas from here for a long time.